Pray these words of scripture over our city as you pray for each leader and each church to have courage to fulfill that which the Father has promised.
“Now behold, the Lord has let me live, just as He spoke, these forty-five years, from the time that the Lord spoke this word to Moses, when Israel walked in the wilderness; and now behold, I am eighty-five years old today. I am still as strong today as I was in the day Moses sent me; as my strength was then, so my strength is now, for war and for going out and coming in. Now then, give me this hill country about which the Lord spoke on that day, for you heard on that day that Anakim were there, with great fortified cities; perhaps the Lord will be with me, and I will drive them out as the Lord has spoken.” Joshua 14:10-12 NASB
Offer your thanks for God’s Activity…
We are thankful for the report from Summer Youth Celebration by Tim Corbin: Overall it was an incredible week! Thankful for the opportunity for students and adult leaders to experience God. Grateful for new relationships among friends and churches that bring encouragement to our spiritual walks. Pray that students will take steps of obedience to live out their faith in their everyday walk.
We are thankful for the report of Peter Yoon as he reported the starting of two new congregations this year. Early in June Pastor Il Ju Ra began meeting with Lifeway Generation Korean Church in Kitsilano. In two weeks Peter will launch uVillage Korean Church on UBC planted by Origin Church. We are very thankful for the continued recovery of Peter’s son, Jaimie Yoon following surgery last weekend.
We are thankful for the service and work done this week in Baton Rouge by the team from Ekklesia.
We are thankful to God for the opportunities created this week on the university campuses across Vancouver to engage students and begin building relationships and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the midst of such a variety of efforts. We are praying for the services on each campus as they begin the new year on campus. Pray for The Point, Origin and Movement Churches specifically this morning as students will have the opportunity to hear the Gospel.
Please pray specifically for these things this week..
As we express our thanksgiving for a remarkable summer of outreach and services in communities across the region, let us begin now to pray specifically for the follow-up on each family and individual contacted. Pray specifically for the times of worship during these first days of the new school year that we experience the favour of the Lord in bringing to harvest what the Father as brought to Himself.
Continue praying for the planning and preparation for the Alpha courses that are being planned across the city this fall. Pray for open hearts and open eyes to see and hear the gospel for the very first time. Pray for the invitations given this week by friends and family.
Pray for the launching of the South Asian Community Church worship service on Sunday morning at Royal Heights Baptist Church. Pray for Shahid Kamal as he begins as the pastor with the supportive partnership with Paul Ingold as they reach out to the Punjabi community in Surrey.
Pray for the launching of weekly group meetings for Transformation City in the Olympic Village/Mt Pleasant area under the leadership of Nathan Ammons. Pray for a sensitivity of all those invited to the prompting of the Spirit. Pray for the spiritual preparation of the leaders of this new group.
Begin praying for the favour of the Lord to provide a larger space for the gather of the Point Church and continue to pray for Joyful Church as they seek a new site which will allow for continued growth.
We are praying expectantly for the results of the planter assessment last week in Denver for a potential plant in the Kitsilano area. Pray for wisdom and clear direction as we move forward in launching this new ministry site. Pray for the couple who are expecting their second child in January as we walk through this discernment process. Pray for the finances needed to accomplish this work.
We are thankful for the care and training the Tarrant County Baptist Association has shown through providing the Refocus Program for a group of our pastors over the past two years. The first group will pull away on retreat this week for our final session together. Pray for this group as they finalize their personal plans for the next years of ministry and as we seek to invite a new group of pastors and leaders to begin in the spring of this year.
We continue to pray for our friends and partners, Dan and Joanne Crawford. Joanne came home this weekend from the rehab location after only two weeks. She will need three months before putting weight on the fractured pelvis. Dan has cleared his schedule to be a primary caregiver. Pray for the unexpected financial cost of this surgery and recovery as well as for the spiritual and emotional care for this couple.
We are praying for a planter family to be provided a vehicle for their family and ministry. ICBC has just declared their van a write off and the resulting money will not be enough to provide a replacement. The best vehicle would be a minivan.
We are praying with thankfulness for God’s provision in the first stage of the work on the manse of Towers Baptist Church/Richmond Chinese Baptist Church. The hazmat company completed their work of asbestos, mold and lead paint abatement as the family returned from their holiday. There was no unexpected damage discovered and the site is clean for rebuilding. We are now praying for the purchase of materials and favour for the Oklahoma team coming to rebuild. Pray for the pastor’s family as they will be “camping” in the construction site to reduce cost.
Join the Prayer Network for Vancouver and Vancouver Island
We are continuing to build our prayer team. See how you can be involved directly in one of following three ways. Watch for updates daily on @plantvancouver
- Several years ago we began weekly publishing the items we are celebrating as well as the needs of our churches and leaders. We seek to make this available every Sunday morning through our website, Facebook and Twitter so it can be shared for the coming week with prayer warriors across the country. It can be seen at prayvancouver.ca .
- We began several months ago encouraging individuals and churches to be involved in an effort to stop and pray for Vancouver/Vancouver Island twice daily at 10:02 am/pm. This time was taken from Luke 10:2 to simply ‘Pray earnestly to the Lord of the Harvest to send out laborers into His harvest”. God has been answering this simple prayer offered by those who will discipline themselves to stop and pray.
- A growing group of the men and leaders across our association are fasting and praying startingMonday, Tuesday or Wednesday evening after dinner at 6:00PM. Some of the team will fast until Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 6:00PM. They will be praying as follows:
- Christian men to have a renewed relationship with Jesus and a passion in sharing their testimonies concerning their experiences and walk with the Lord.
- Spiritual awakening of our neighbourhoods and community.
- Spiritual awakening of our churches, locally and nationally, that are called by His holy name (both in and outside our association)
- Our Canadian leaders in government at all levels, to govern according to Godly principles.
- Our country that it would return to the Lord and be healed.
- Gods protection for our churches and church families.
- Our church leaders (pastors, elders, deacons, lay leaders)
- Spiritual and numerical growth of our churches and small groups
- Pray for the Harvest
Would you join them in praying the Psalms and petitioning the Lord from His mighty Word? Will you join with us until we hear from the Lord?