“If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A slave is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also. But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know the One who sent Me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. He who hates Me hates My Father also.
John 15:18-23 NASB
We are thankful for the report from Zona Cero (Pastor Carlos Pulgarin) of their baptism of 9 over the past two weeks.
We are thankful in reporting the arrival of the Kamal family in Vancouver to join us in reaching the Urdu/Punjabi people. Join us thanksgiving for the assistance and hospitality of the Ingold family in assisting in finding a home for this new planter family.
We are thankful for the report from Burnaby Born Again that they have been joined by four new families as they continue to reach out to the Portuguese/Spanish speaking community.
We are thankful for the work of multiple mission teams across the region as the summer camps are engaging new contacts all over Vancouver and on Vancouver Island. Pray for the 100’s of children and families that have heard the gospel.
We are thankful for the work of Josh Arrington and Janet Campbell as they have just completed our P2 ministry, a week of training and outreach by over 50 students working with the Common Place, Church on the Rock and the Bridge Community. Pray these contacts will lead to several coming into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
We are thankful for the mission team from Westlynn Baptist Church under the leadership of Hamish Buntain who journeyed this week to Grand Forks to lead worship and a sports camp for the First Baptist Church.
Paul Ingold and Emanuel (a punjabi brother who is partnering with Paul and Satish) meet with a Punjabi family each week. God has continued to answer their prayers and they have been learning to pray and reach out to their friends. The husband believes and now understands better what he believes about Jesus and his wife very close to believing. His wife gave her bible to a friend who showed interest in the Lord too! So God is at work with this family. In the Satsang on Sundays, we are focusing on prayer to under-gird all ministry that the power and direction are from God alone. Please join us in praying for the Urdu ministry, Punjabi ministry and for God to raise up someone to head up the Hindi side of the ministry. We also desire to reach those S. Asians who speak English, the third culture kids who are caught in between cultures.
Pray for the VBS and Camps planned this week at Gateway Baptist Church, Towers Baptist Church and Richmond Chinese Baptist Church. We are praying for the lost to come to into personal relationship with Jesus. We are praying for each worker to be spiritually prepared for every opportunity to demonstrate the transforming power of God.
Pray for the Kelly Manire family as they engage the community of Abbottsford and the University to begin building Movement Church. Pray for the needed partnerships to support the effort of building this new church.
Pray for the outreach efforts of Church on the Rock as FBC Corsicana, TX joins them in multiple outreach events this week. Pray for the sensitivity to the Spirit to join God where He is at work in their communities.
Pray for the Prayer Network for Vancouver and Vancouver Island
As you join us in praying if there is a need or a praise you would like to share with our network please simple send a brief email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In busiest times of engaging our city with the gospel, there are three ways you can personally be involved and you can involve your church or networks.
- Several years ago we began weekly publishing the items we are celebrating as well as the needs of our churches and leaders. We seek to make this available every Sunday morning through our website, Facebook and twitter so it can be shared for the coming week with prayer warriors across the country. It can be seen at prayvancouver.ca .
- We began several months ago encouraging individuals and churches to be involved in an effort to stop and pray for Vancouver/Vancouver Island twice daily at 10:02 am/pm. This time was taken from Luke 10:2 to simply ‘Pray earnestly to the Lord of the Harvest to send out laborers into His harvest”. God has been answering this simple prayer offered by those who will discipline themselves to stop and pray.
- A growing group of our men are fasting and praying now starting Monday or Tuesday evening after dinner at 6:00PM. Some of our team will fast until Wednesday at 6:00PM and the rest of us will continue our fast until Thursday at 6:00PM. We will be praying as follows:
- Spiritual awakening of our churches, locally and nationally, that are called by His holy name (both in and outside our association)
- Christian men to have a renewed relationship with Jesusand a passion in sharing their testimonies concerning their experiences and walk with the Lord.
- Our Canadian leaders in government at all levels, to govern according to Godly principles.
- Our country that it would return to the Lord and be healed.
- Gods protection for our churches and church families.
- Our church leaders (pastors, elders, deacons, lay leaders)
- Spiritual and numerical growth of our churches and small groups
- Pray for the Harvest
What would happen if all men called by Christ name committed to this time? What if we all humbled ourselves before our Lord? Would you join us in praying the Psalms and petitioning the Lord from His mighty word? Will you join with us until we hear from the Lord?