Pray these words of scripture over the churches and leaders of our city as they go to worship this morning:
“Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.”
Romans 12:1-2 NASB
Join us in praying with thanksgiving for these things happening this week…
We are praying with thankfulness for the Planter’s Wives Retreat held this week involving 16 women on Keats Island. This time led by Amy Corbin was a time of encouragement and relationship building among the network.
We are praying with thanksgiving for the recent arrival of Aaron and Samantha Bozwell who will be launching Providence Church in the Kitsilano area. Please pray with them as they are building the final partnerships to launch this effort in 2017. Pray also for the upcoming delivery of a new baby coming in January.
Transformation City Church– We are praying for the current outreach through Alpha that has seen 14 people attending this first direct outreach time. Nathan Ammons is celebrating the unique way connections are being made. Pray also for the partnership events this weekend in Georgia as he shares the the activity of God in Vancouver.
Several of our local Church Planters along with Hamish Buntain are in Texas participating in the Baptist General Convention of Texas being held this week. Pray for clarity and boldness as these leaders share the opportunities in various places in our region.
Surrey Chinese Baptist Church recently celebrated her church plant’s (Delta Baptist Church) 10th anniversary. Pastor Scott Harris delivered a message to encourage us. About 45 people attended a celebrative meal. Please give thanks to the Lord for guiding and blessing this ministry.
Surrey Chinese Baptist Church will send two mission teams in November. One team will minister to the inmates in Hong Kong on an outer island, plus a weekend trip servicing in a city north of Hong Kong.
The other team will serve in a country in East Asia. Please pray for God’s guidance and protection of the teams. May the Good News be shared unreservedly and fruits will be harvested.
Joyful Fellowship Church is in need of a meeting place for their church. Pray for open doors and cooperation among our plants as they explore places where congregations can meet in Coquitlam.
Please pray with the brothers and sisters of KBC of Vancouver that they would be able to sell their current property in order to purchase another property that would better help them reach more people for Christ. They have outgrown their current facility and are needing more space. They have an opportunity to buy now but will need to sell their current facility at a good price in order to transition to this new property. Ask God to send them the right buyer so that they might move ahead in a timely fashion.
After almost four years in their current location, Zona Cero(Pastor Carlos Pulgarin) is looking for a new place for their church. Sometime this process is not easy, if you now about any building where we can rent please let us know.
Pray for the upcoming annual gathering of WestCoast Baptist Association to be conducted next Friday, November 18. Pray for an overwhelming spirit of unity and discernment as we look to focus on our efforts to be on mission as a family of churches in our world.
Join the Prayer Network for Vancouver and Vancouver Island
We are continuing to build our prayer team. See how you can be involved directly in one of following three ways. Watch for updates daily on @plantvancouver
- Several years ago we began weekly publishing the items we are celebrating as well as the needs of our churches and leaders. We seek to make this available every Sunday morning through our website, Facebook and Twitter so it can be shared for the coming week with prayer warriors across the country. It can be seen at prayvancouver.ca .
- We began last year encouraging individuals and churches to be involved in an effort to stop and pray for Vancouver/Vancouver Island twice daily at 10:02 am/pm. This time was taken from Luke 10:2 to simply ‘Pray earnestly to the Lord of the Harvest to send out laborers into His harvest”. God has been answering this simple prayer offered by those who will discipline themselves to stop and pray.
- A growing group of men and leaders are fasting and praying now starting Monday/Tuesday/ Wednesday evening after dinner at 6:00PM. Some of our team will fast for one, two and even three days, concluding at 6:00PM. We are seeking the leadership of our Lord Jesus Christ to change our hearts.
We will be praying as follows:
- Christian men to have a renewed relationship with Jesus and a passion in sharing their testimonies concerning their experiences and walk with the Lord.
- Spiritual awakening of our neighbourhoods and community.
- Spiritual awakening of our churches, locally and nationally, that are called by His holy name (both in and outside our association)
- Our Canadian leaders in government at all levels, to govern according to Godly principles.
- Our country, that it would return to the Lord and be healed.
- Gods protection for our churches and church families.
- Our church leaders (pastors, elders, deacons, lay leaders)
- Spiritual and numerical growth of our churches and small groups
- Pray for the Harvest