Pray these words of scripture over our city as you pray for each leader and each church.
“Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving; praying at the same time for us as well, that God will open up to us a door for the word, so that we may speak forth the mystery of Christ, for which I have also been imprisoned; that I may make it clear in the way I ought to speak. Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person.” Colossians 4:2-6 NASB
Offer your thanks for God’s Activity…
We are thankful for the reports of a successful emergency surgery to repair a fracture pelvis for Joanne Crawford, wife of Dr. Dan Crawford. After over 10 days of increasing pain after a fall the problem was correctly diagnosed and surgery took place when Dr. Crawford preached at FBC Decatur. Joanne has now been successfully moved to Trail Lake Nursing and Rehabilitation facility a few blocks from their home. She will remain their until well enough to return home to complete a three month period of healing and care. Pray for this outstanding couple to experience the presence and peace of our Lord each day of this process.
We are thankful for the answered prayers of many for Jaime Yoon who has just completed surgery that was described by the surgeon as going “very well”. Jamie was taken to the hospital late this week with a torn and leaky lung hoping healing would begin on its own but yesterday it was determined that surgery was required. After one postponement, surgery was conducted today. As we pray for his complete recovery please pray for the following three things:
- The stapled area adheres to the wall so the lung won’t collapse again.
- That Jaime recognizes God hand and care upon him.
- Thanksgiving! Thanks to the Lord and to you for caring and praying.
We are thankful for the favour of God and the joy of His power in transforming lives being enjoyed by Zona Cero Church this weekend as they enjoy their annual Family Retreat and VBS. Pray that this time together will not only build the fellowship of the church but will draw many into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
We are thankful for the obedience of Immanuel Baptist Church in sending a teams on mission to Saskatchewan two weeks ago and then joined by Westlynn Baptist Church and Surrey Chinese Baptist Church in sending a team to Nepal on August 15th. May the work of these individuals bring Glory to the Name of Jesus and salvation to the hearts of people served.
Please pray specifically for these things this week..
We continue to pray for the churches working daily on the campuses around our city to reach students during those critical first days of their new year of university studies. Pray for the courage and boldness to share the gospel as well as the strength and compassion to serve long hours providing witness to the love of God for each person.
Over 120 students and leaders leave on Monday morning for Gordom Lake and the Annual Summer Youth Celebration. We have been praying all summer for this camp. Join us in praying for these things each day this week:
– Pray for the receptive hearts of campers to experience God in a life changing way.
– Pray for leaders to be instruments of God’s grace in reflecting the power and presence of God.
– Pray for salvation for those who are not yet believers.
– Pray for further growth of those who are believers.
– Pray for obedience of those who are being called out in vocational ministry to further God’s Kingdom in multiplying disciples and churches.
Ekklesia is sending a six member mission team to assist Woodlawn Baptist Church in Baton Rouge, LA with disaster relief. They will be leaving on August 29th and returning September 4th. Woodlawn is a key partner to our mission efforts on Vancouver Island. Ekklesia will be collecting a love offering on August 28th and September 4th in order to offset the cost of the mission trip. Pray for physical strength and insight to serve well, pray for spiritual power to be strong witnesses and pray for the resources needed to make the trip.
Continue praying for the provision of God for Joyful Church as they consider a possible new location for their congregation in the immediate future. Pray for the favour and direction of the Lord as they talk with potential sites and their current location about next steps for this church family to continue growth and witness in Coquitlam.
Pray for the final assessment of a church planter couple taking place in Denver this week as we seek to plant a new work in the Kitsilano Area beginning before Christmas.
Pray for the Holmes Family of Towers Baptist Church over the next month. On Monday of this week the hazmat company will arrive for an extensive project on their home after the discovery of asbestos, mole and lead paint. It is hoped this step will be over by the end of the week. Then the repair required to make the home livable will begin. We are praying for a team coming from Oklahoma to help with the project. Five children, school starting, new church programs, house a construction site plus legal status of adoption and immigration in process – Pray for favour and peace of God to rule in every step.
Continue prayig for the planning and preparation for the fall Alpha courses that are being planned across the city fall. Pray for open hearts and open eyes to see and hear the gospel for the very first time. Pray for the invitations given this week by friends and family.
Pray also for the launching of weekly meetings for Transformation City in the month of September.
Pray for Ethan “Red Eagle” Lawton as we seek to partner in a 6 month project to establish a base of ministry to the First Nations People of Vancouver. Pray for favour in his employment that will allow him to come to Vancouver and volunteer for this project. Pray for a place for him to live as he comes. Pray for open doors with each of the local tribal leaders.
Join the Prayer Network for Vancouver and Vancouver Island
We are continuing to build our prayer team. See how you can be involved directly in one of following three ways. Watch for updates daily on @plantvancouver)
- Several years ago we began weekly publishing the items we are celebrating as well as the needs of our churches and leaders. We seek to make this available every Sunday morning through our website, Facebook and twitter so it can be shared for the coming week with prayer warriors across the country. It can be seen at prayvancouver.ca .
- We began several months ago encouraging individuals and churches to be involved in an effort to stop and pray for Vancouver/Vancouver Island twice daily at 10:02 am/pm. This time was taken from Luke 10:2 to simply ‘Pray earnestly to the Lord of the Harvest to send out laborers into His harvest”. God has been answering this simple prayer offered by those who will discipline themselves to stop and pray.
- A growing group of the men and leaders across our association are fasting and praying startingMonday, Tuesday or Wednesday evening after dinner at 6:00PM. Some of the team will fast until Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 6:00PM. They will be praying as follows:
- Christian men to have a renewed relationship with Jesus and a passion in sharing their testimonies concerning their experiences and walk with the Lord.
- Spiritual awakening of our neighbourhoods and community.
- Spiritual awakening of our churches, locally and nationally, that are called by His holy name (both in and outside our association)
- Our Canadian leaders in government at all levels, to govern according to Godly principles.
- Our country that it would return to the Lord and be healed.
- Gods protection for our churches and church families.
- Our church leaders (pastors, elders, deacons, lay leaders)
- Spiritual and numerical growth of our churches and small groups
- Pray for the Harvest
Would you join them in praying the Psalms and petitioning the Lord from His mighty word? Will you join with us until we hear from the Lord?