Vancouver Prayer Update for August 21, 2016
As you join us in praying if there is a need or a praise you would like to share with our network please simply send a brief email to email@example.com.
Pray these words of scripture over the city as you pray for each leader and each church. “I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me.” Proverbs 8:17 NASB
Special Prayer Emphasis
This week thousands of students will begin arriving on the campuses throughout our region. These are the most critical days of ministry to this important segment of our city. Several of our churches will be engaging students to build trust relationships and doors will be open to share the gospel. Pray for wisdom, favour, open minds and hearts, courage and compassion on the campuses around our city. Pray specifically for these specific congregations during the next thirty days: Origin Church, The Point, Movement, Ekklesia, and Canvas. Pray specifically this week for Suzane Perry as she launches efforts to touch international student in the first days they are on campus this fall.
Offer your thanks for God’s Activity…
We are thankful for the reports coming from Westlynn Baptist Church about their sports camp last week which saw several young people express their desire to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Pray for the follow-up with each family. Pray for the men’s ministry beginning this fall after much prayer and fasting.
We are thankful for the favour shown to the Bond family in the renewal of their immigration status in Canada as they continue the planting of Ekklesia Church in Sydney, BC.
We are thankful for the revival services and training that have been conducted these past two weeks at Linh-An Vietnamese Church. We are thankful for the leadership who provided the critical training in discipleship and the use of small group in the process of multiplication.
We are thankful for the reports of lives touched through the ministry of Church on the Rock this summer. They conducted six weeks of children’s camp using several partners to help. They close the summer welcoming the Austin Cooper family who have already found a place to live in the center of the area of they have been praying over for the past year.
We are thankful for the celebration of the ordination of Joseph Woo this Sunday at the worship time of The Bridge Church in Port Coquitlam.
Please pray specifically for these things this week..
We are praying for the families of each of our church planters during this important season of life. Many of our families are enjoying a few days of vacation and recreation as they reconnect and refresh before the Lord. Others are facing a difficult season of fractured relationships and stressfully seeking the Lord for healing in each part. Please use the directory of our churches and pray for each leader this week. Ask for the Father to provide endurance, refreshment, encouragement, healing and wisdom for the upcoming year of ministry.
We are praying for the team from Immanuel, Westlynn and Surrey Chinese Baptist Church who are on mission in Napal this week. Pray doors would be open and each member would be sensitive to the opportunities to sow the seed of the gospel and serve the people each day of the trip.
We are praying for the final week of preparation for Summer Youth Celebration. Buses and cars will be loading up in one week with over 100 young people gathering at Gordom Lake. Pray that each participant will experience the power and presence of Christ during the week of August 29-September 2. Pray for courage for many to respond to the gospel. Pray for the preparation and empowering of the speakers this year, Tim Corbin and Josh Arrington. Pray for safe travel.
We are praying for many of the churches in our city which will be launching Alpha courses this fall in their communities. This week join us in praying for the effort of Towers Baptist Church which will begin September 22 on Thursday evening this fall. Pray specifically for the leadership training and preparation beginning this week.
Pray for the provision of God for Joyful Church as they consider a possible new location for their congregation in the immediate future. Pray for the favour and direction of the Lord as they talk with potential sites and their current location about next steps for this church family to continue growth and witness in Coquitlam.
Pray for Ethan “Red Eagle” Lawton as we seek to partner in a 6 month project to establish a base of ministry to the First Nations People of Vancouver. Pray for favour in his employment that will allow him to come to Vancouver and volunteer for this project. Pray for a place for him to live as he comes. Pray for open doors with each of the local tribal leaders.
Join the Prayer Network for Vancouver and Vancouver Island
We are continuing to build our prayer team. See how you can be involved directly in one of following three ways. Watch for updates daily on @plantvancouver)
- Several years ago we began weekly publishing the items we are celebrating as well as the needs of our churches and leaders. We seek to make this available every Sunday morning through our website, Facebook and twitter so it can be shared for the coming week with prayer warriors across the country. It can be seen at prayvancouver.ca .
- We began several months ago encouraging individuals and churches to be involved in an effort to stop and pray for Vancouver/Vancouver Island twice daily at 10:02 am/pm. This time was taken from Luke 10:2 to simply ‘Pray earnestly to the Lord of the Harvest to send out laborers into His harvest”. God has been answering this simple prayer offered by those who will discipline themselves to stop and pray.
- A growing group of our men and leaders across our association are fasting and praying startingMonday, Tuesday or Wednesday evening after dinner at 6:00PM. Some of our team will fast until Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 6:00PM. We will be praying as follows:
- Spiritual awakening of our churches, locally and nationally, that are called by His holy name (both in and outside our association)
- Christian men to have a renewed relationship with Jesusand a passion in sharing their testimonies concerning their experiences and walk with the Lord.
- Our Canadian leaders in government at all levels, to govern according to Godly principles.
- Our country that it would return to the Lord and be healed.
- Gods protection for our churches and church families.
- Our church leaders (pastors, elders, deacons, lay leaders)
- Spiritual and numerical growth of our churches and small groups
- Pray for the Harvest