Each Day at 10:02 am/pm, we ask you to pray for God to call out workers for the harvest. There are currently over 50 individuals considering the call of God on their life to come to Vancouver and join a church or church plant to reach people with the Gospel.
The work is hard and people are facing challenges of all kinds. Please pray these words will be a reality in our time.
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.
– Ephesians 2:8-9 (NIV)
PRAY WITH THANKSGIVING…
- We are celebrating with The Common Place as a sister was able to lead her brother to Christ this week.
- We are thankful for the continuing positive reports of improvement and healing for Candice Thomas (The Point) and Ashley Austin (Canvas Church).
- We are thankful that Westlyn Baptist Church has voted to bring John Martens onto their staff part-time as preaching pastor.
- We are thankful for outreach being done in the home of Matthew & Heather Bond over the past few weeks through viewing key sporting events with over 25 people and sharing their story about Jesus.
- We are thankful for the 46 collegiate student summer positions available in Vancouver for the summer of 2015. Pray for wisdom as final selections and funding is sought. We desire to have 50 College age students on the field for a minimum of 6-8 Weeks across the region this summer.
- We are thankful for the opportunity of grandparents to visit the children of two different planter families this week. What a gift to both families.
- We are thankful for the mission teams coming this week to help our churches expand their ministries to communities around them. We are thankful specifically for teams coming from three different places in Mississippi to help.
PRAY FOR THE ACTIVITY OF GOD…
- We pray for Hamish Buntain as he travels in key parts of Asia during the next week to better understand the countries and their cultures as well as comprehend activity of God as it connects with Vancouver.
- We pray for the Collegiate Conference on the campus that will be launched on Sunday with John Thomas preaching at The Point. Pray for Salt Jones and Mel Cruikshank as they come to speak each evening. Pray for students to be challenged, encouraged and called out to mission each day. Pray also for the decisions by students as they consider their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- We pray for the Upward Basketball Camp being sponsored this week by Canvas Church as they seek to share the gospel with young people and their families. They have 70 young people registered and are praying for 30 more.
- We pray for the week of outreach visitation for key programs being held over Easter weekend. Pray for the Couples night out being conducted next Thursday evening at Tower Baptist Church.
- We pray for the Global Outreach Conference being held this week at one of our key partner churches (Immanuel Baptist Church in Highland, California) under the leadership of Pastor Rob Zinn. Pray for the Father to call out young people to the harvest as they are asked to live on mission.
- We pray for the recruiting of the first cohort of interns for Origin Church (Pastor Craig O’Brien) who will serve beginning in the fall of 2015. We are praying God will call our 6-8 students for a nine-month term and provide the financial resources need to prepare this special team.
- We pray for the current assessment of four new couples that are seeking confirmation of God’s call on their life to move to British Columbia and launch new work in a variety of context in our province. Pray also for the two additional couples that have already resigned positions and are preparing to move to the Lower Mainland to join teams who will begin this summer to launch new church sites.
- We pray that we will be able to enlist 26 pastoral or planter couples from Vancouver and Vancouver Island for our retreat to Barnabas Camp on Keats Island in the next month. We ask for the Father to guide parents in securing childcare so these 26 leadership couples can withdraw to refresh, rekindle and ignite a deeper love for God and for each other. Pray for those that will speak at the retreat. We pray God will provide the final financial resources needed to provide this critical ministry.
- We pray a team of people will develop during this year who will be able to build and sustain the prayer foundation of our region on a weekly basis. Pray God would confirm in their heart a deep long term commitment to be a watchman on the wall.
- We pray for Pastor Hyeon Soo Lim from Toronto and his family as they have received notice from Canadian officials that Pyongyang has confirmed the pastor is being held in North Korea. The family and the church community is asking fellow Canadians and the international community to continue praying for his release and safe return home. Peter Yoon (Origin Church) attended this church when he lived in Toronto.
- PRAYVANCOUVER.ca: 2015-03-01
- PRAYVANCOUVER.ca: 2015-03-15
You May Also Like